«Back to Robotics Open House
WHAT TO EXPECT @ ROBOTICS OPEN HOUSE
School groups, after-school programs, families, industry representatives --
The public is very welcome at the USC Viterbi Robotics Open House on 4/7/2017.
Robotics Open House Tour
- Everyone checks in at 3710 McClintock Ave. (Ronald Tutor Hall Courtyard, south side of the building) to get the group's start location
- Self-paced tours through 18 labs in 3 different buildings
- Maps describing labs and robots will be provided when you check in
- Each lab provides 20-minute demonstrations on the hour and half hour ( e.g., 9 a.m., 9:30 a.m., 10 a.m., etc.)
- Plan on 20 minutes per lab; please enter labs only at the designated times
- Visit as many or as few labs as you like at your own pace
- Teaching materials are available here (standards-aligned lesson plans for lower elementary, upper elementary, middle, and high school) - these are not necessary for the field trip, but you may want to use them before/after your visit to USC to extend the learning experience
- Reservations are required, and start times are staggered to provide some crowd control – this can be a very crowded event at peak times, so school groups larger than 15 students will need to plan rendezvous points and times because they may not be able to stay together in the same building. Flexibility is key as sometimes certain buildings get crowded at peak times and groups sometimes find it better to move on to a different building.
Groups are capped at 15. School groups—please divide your students into groups no larger than 15 before coming to campus and one adult must accompany each group of 15 students.
- Prepare for lots of walking and standing; bring water, sunscreen and hats. Bring your own lunch (we can store school lunches but do not have refrigeration) or purchase lunch on campus or adjacent to campus. Groups are welcome to eat in the E-Quad or anywhere on campus. Advance food orders on campus (good for groups): Tapingo
- The campus is open to visitors, feel free to visit the libraries, bookstore, and campus center food court. Self-guided campus tours: http://www.usc.edu/admission/undergraduate/transfer/prospective/selftour.html
- Buses can drop off and pick up students at 3710 McClintock Ave. but cannot park on campus. See this page for more bus information.
- Parking on campus costs $12/car, and there is metered parking on Vermont Ave.
- The California Science Center, the California African American Museum, and the Natural History Museum are located close to the USC Viterbi area of campus, just across Exposition Blvd.
Published on January 13th, 2017
Last updated on April 27th, 2020