For 40 years, USC Viterbi School of Engineering has collaborated with K-12 schools, teachers, and students to strengthen STEM pathways that broaden college and career options. Our programs and research-based interventions offer project-based experiences that support the Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards and serve the nation’s urgent need for a STEM-ready workforce.
Our Goals are:
- Develop strategies and build initiatives to meet the needs of a diverse population, specifically in efforts to increase the representation of female students and African American/Black, Hispanic/LatinX, Native/Indigenous students in its STEM programs.
- Provide STEM programs and activities locally and regionally to K-12 students, teachers, families, and communities.
- Facilitate and engage K-12 STEM education networks.
- Collaborate with USC faculty to develop and refine STEM broader impacts and participation for K-12 audiences.
- Provide opportunities for USC students to engage in K-12 STEM outreach through volunteering and employment.