Get Involved !
The K-12 STEM Center depends on passionate students, faculty, and graduate students to help achieve our mission. Whether you are looking for a meaningful way to spend a Saturday or a long-term commitment to a program or school, we have a range of opportunities for you to get involved. Volunteers for long-term commitments will need to obtain USC Certificate for training in the protection of minors and be cleared by a background check.
Please look over the volunteer opportunities below, then fill out our online application to let us know how you’d like to get involved.
For USC students
- Inspire the next generation of scientists and engineers
- Make a difference by supporting one of our programs 4-8 hours a week for a semester
- Student orgs and other groups can make an impact in their community through our group volunteer opportunities
For Faculty and STEM content experts
- Share your expertise to ignite interest and awareness with K-12 students by speaking at a school
- Make a sustained impact by committing to becoming a school partner
For joining our on-campus events
- Support the K-12 STEM Center by volunteering at one of our signature on-campus events:
Community members who want to volunteer for special event days will need to complete a LiveScan background check prior to volunteering. We thank all the community members with ideas for the Center; please submit them to us in writing first and be aware that the Center has a carefully calibrated balance of programs and priorities. We welcome ideas, and yet we may not always be available to discuss them with you at length, so written suggestions are the best way to proceed.