Robotics Open House
- 2019 Viterbi Robotics Invitational April 27th at USC
- CS@SC Computer Science Camps for K-12 students
- Girls Who Code Summer Immersion workshops for girls in 10-11th grade
- iTouchUp’s Compton Week of Events
- AI Family Challenge
- Teachers – there is still time to apply for Code.org’s terrific summer immersion workshops
What is the Robotics Open House?
See news clips about Robotic Open House 2018
Information for School Groups
- Group size: Limited to 64, including teachers and adults (one adult is required for every 15 students). If you want to bring more students, please contact Dr. Katie Mills at email@example.com.
- Food: Students can bring lunch and eat on campus. In addition, USC has many cafes on campus where food can be purchased.
- Activities before and after event: Everyone is welcome to explore the campus, and the California Science Center is within walking distance if schools want to double up on field trips.
- Transportation and Parking: Bus orders: Use 3580 McClintock Avenue as the location. Please see this flyer for details.
For smaller groups, we recommend coming to campus via the Metro Expo Line (exit either University Park or Vermont Ave.). Parking on campus is $12 per car and street meters are available but may be limited. Please see this flyer for details.
Resources for Teachers
Resources for Students
Have you ever wondered which kind of robot you are? Click here to take a quiz! Do not forget to visit your robot during the Open House!
Watch the video below of the Robotics and Coding Academy, an exciting initiative of USC!
The short film “When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth”, an AutFest International Film Festival 2017 selection, tells the story of a robot helping a child with autism to socialize. [News release]Premiered at the Robotics Open House in 2017– Based on the research of Prof. Maja Matarić, Vice Dean for Research at USC Viterbi.
Thank you to all the student volunteers who showed up to help make Robotics Open House 2018 happen! Without the great contributions from the National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE), USC IEEE, Makers, Theta Tau, SparkSC, HackSC, the Association of Indian Students, and the USC AUV team, this year’s Robotics Open House would not have been as successful as it was.
The results of the volunteer contest between the organizations and winners of the cash award are
- Association of Indian Students
- HackSC Jr
We had great participation from all organizations so thank you giving us your time during this busy semester. We hope to see all of you who volunteered again at events in the future.
2018: VOA News: Girls in Computer Science (VOA News)
2018: Telemundo 52: Generation Z Shows Interest in Technology and Robotics (Telemundo 52)
2015: 10 Reasons To Love Robots at USC Viterbi (Viterbi News)
2014: Meet the 'bots (USC News)
2012: Robot Wonders of USC (NBC Los Angeles)
2010: Battle Bots (Trojan News)