Summer Engineering Camp
The K-12 STEM Center follows all University guidelines for protecting students, families, teachers, and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Northrop Grumman Summer Engineering Camp at USC is a camp in which current 5th, 6th, and 7th grade students explore aerospace, civil, electrical, environmental and mechanical engineering with hands-on activities such as rockets, circuits, bridges and robots. Students also explore computer science by learning to code and write apps. The Northrop Grumman Summer Engineering Camp (previously Viterbi Summer Engineering Camp and the ExxonMobil Bernard Harris Summer Science Camp) serves 32 students each year and has been a part of USC Viterbi for over 10 years.
For questions about this camp, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
CostThe camp is FREE.
Time and DatesThe dates and time for 2023 camp is yet TBD. In 2022, the camp had an in-person format based on the university guidelines.
Application DetailsThe two parts of the application process is closed now. Kindly check back in late February 2023 for next year's application details.
- Submit a complete application, including the online application form with school transcripts and teacher recommendation.
- Currently enrolled in the 5th, 6th or 7th grade.
- Have at least a B average in science and math classes.
- Must attend both weeks of camp.
- Priority will be given to socioeconomically disadvantaged students (e.g., low income, first generation college, underrepresented in STEM).
- Priority will be given to active MESA, Mission Science and Viterbi STEM School students and students at schools affiliated with the K-12 STEM Center.
2023 Camp Information
Two Part Application:
Check back in late February 2023 for next year's application
Part 1: Student Application
Student Online Application / Aplicación electrónico (CLOSED)
Part 2: Teacher Recommendation
Teacher Recommendation Online Link (CLOSED)
Teacher Recommendation Form (paper form) (CLOSED)
Published on January 11th, 2017
Last updated on October 10th, 2022