Summer Engineering Camp
The K-12 STEM Center follows all University guidelines for protecting students, families, teachers, and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Northrop Grumman Summer Engineering Camp at USC is a camp in which current 5th, 6th, and 7th grade students explore aerospace, civil, electrical, environmental and mechanical engineering with hands-on activities such as rockets, circuits, bridges and robots. Students also explore computer science by learning to code and write apps. The Northrop Grumman Summer Engineering Camp (previously Viterbi Summer Engineering Camp and the ExxonMobil Bernard Harris Summer Science Camp) serves 32 students each year and has been a part of USC Viterbi for over 10 years.
For questions about this camp, please contact email@example.com.
CostThe camp is FREE.
Time and DatesThe dates and time for 2023 camp is July 10 – July 21 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m, Monday through Friday each week. In 2022, the camp had an in-person format based on the university guidelines.
Application DetailsThe two parts of the application process is live now. Kindly apply by April 30, 2023 for your application to be considered. Please note acceptance notifications will be sent in June.
- Submit a complete application, including the online application form with school transcripts and teacher recommendation.
- Currently enrolled in the 5th, 6th or 7th grade.
- Have at least a B average in science and math classes.
- Must attend both weeks of camp.
- Priority will be given to socioeconomically disadvantaged students (e.g., low income, first generation college, underrepresented in STEM).
- Priority will be given to active MESA, Mission Science and Viterbi STEM School students and students at schools affiliated with the K-12 STEM Center.
2023 Camp Information
July 10 to July 21
April 30th, 2023
Part 1: Student Application
Part 2: Teacher Recommendation
Note: Middle School Students that are applying for Summer Engineering Camp & Project Payload are automatically considered for Energy of STEM as their second backup option.