Summer Engineering Camp
The K-12 STEM Center follows all University guidelines for protecting students, families, teachers, and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic and reopening attempts.
The Northrop Grumman Summer Engineering Camp at USC is a camp in which current 5th, 6th, and 7th grade students explore aerospace, civil, electrical, environmental and mechanical engineering with hands-on activities such as rockets, circuits, bridges and robots. Students also explore computer science by learning to code and write apps. The Northrop Grumman Summer Engineering Camp (previously Viterbi Summer Engineering Camp and the ExxonMobil Bernard Harris Summer Science Camp) serves 32 students each year and has been a part of USC Viterbi for over 10 years.
The 2022 summer engineering camp will be physically in-person on the USC University Park Campus. This physical format will depend on current university, local and state guidelines.
For questions about this camp, please contact email@example.com.
CostThe camp is FREE.
Time and DatesThe camp will run from July 18 to July 29 with Monday to Friday of each week. We are planning for a physical in-person camp with a tentative schedule of 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. each day of the camp. However, the in-person format will depend on university guidelines. For physical in-person sessions, lunch will be provided and selected participants will be responsible for own transportation to and from the USC campus.
Application DetailsThe two parts of the application must be received by May 15. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that all application materials are received by the deadline. All applicants will be notified by email regarding application status no later than the the middle of June. Application forms are to the right.
- Submit a complete application, including the online application form with school transcripts and teacher recommendation.
- Currently enrolled in the 5th, 6th or 7th grade.
- Have at least a B average in science and math classes.
- Must attend both weeks of camp.
- Priority will be given to socioeconomically disadvantaged students (e.g., low income, first generation college, underrepresented in STEM).
- Priority will be given to active MESA, Mission Science and Viterbi STEM School students and students at schools affiliated with the K-12 STEM Center.
2022 Camp Information
July 18 to July 29, 2022
Monday to Friday of each week
Two Part Application:
Part 1: Student Application
Part 2: Teacher Recommendation
Published on January 11th, 2017
Last updated on January 22nd, 2022