Energy of STEM Summer Camps
Energy of STEM is returning to in person format this year! During the camps, students will have the opportunity to explore concepts around Aerodynamics, Physics, Coding, Energy, Electronics and more! The camps will include demonstrations and lessons, hands-on projects and group-work, and time for connecting and sharing with peers in a fun, engaging environment. Activities will be led by SoCalGas employees with support of USC Viterbi Center staff and USC students.
There will be two Energy of STEM tracks offered this summer:
- Upper elementary track (grades 3-5; max 18 students)
- High school track (grades 9-12; max 20 students)
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, you will only be contacted if your student is selected for the program. We apologize that we cannot respond to all applications.
Part 1: Student Application (CLOSED)
- Online Application/Aplicación electrónico
Part 2: Teacher Recommendation (CLOSED)
- Teacher Recommendation Online Link
- Teacher Recommendation PDF Form
Dates and Time:
Date: July 18, 2022-July 22, 2022
Time: 9:00am-3:00pm PST
Where: In Person (at USC Main Campus)
Who: Elementary (rising 4th and 5th graders) and High school (rising 9th through 12th graders)
Check back in late February 2023 for next year's application
- Submit a complete application (confirm with your teacher that they have submitted their recommendation form for you).
- Will be in 3rd-5th grade or 9th-12th grade in the fall of 2022.
- Able to attend all camp days.
- Has access to the internet.
- Priority is given to historically underrepresented students in STEM, but this is not a requirement and we encourage all students to apply.
Thank you to our sponsor
Published on February 13th, 2019
Last updated on August 2nd, 2022