Energy of STEM
Energy of STEM Summer Camps
Energy of STEM is returning to in person format this year!During the camps, students will have the opportunity to explore concepts around Aerodynamics, Physics, Coding, Energy, Electronics and more! The camps will include demonstrations and lessons, hands-on projects and group-work, and time for connecting and sharing with peers in a fun, engaging environment. Activities will be led by SoCalGas employees with support of USC Viterbi Center staff and USC students.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, you will only be contacted if your student is selected for the program. We apologize that we cannot respond to all applications.
Apply by April 30, 2023
- Submit a complete application (confirm with your teacher that they have submitted their recommendation form for you).
- There will be two Energy of STEM tracks offered this summer:
- Currently enrolled in grades 3-5; (max 18 students accepted)
- Currently enrolled in grades 8-11; (max 18 students accepted)
- Able to attend all camp days.
- Has access to the internet.
- Priority is given to historically underrepresented students in STEM, but this is not a requirement and we encourage all students to apply.
Part 1: Student Application
Part 2: Teacher Recommendation
Note: Middle School Students that are applying for Summer Engineering Camp & Project Payload are automatically considered for Energy of STEM as their second backup option.
Dates and Time:
Date: July 10 to July 14 Time: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Where: In Person (at USC Main Campus) Who: Elementary (current 3rd-5th graders) and High school (current 8th- 11th graders)